After finishing my Wave shawl over the weekend, I did cast on something new last night. And then I finished that something last night! I’d had some leftover Dream in Color Classy hanging around, and I decided they needed to become some fingerless gloves. Thanks to the really long Grammy show, I completed both mitts in about three hours.
Pattern is 75 Yard Malabrigo Fingerless Mitts and it’s one of my favorites. You might remember I used it to make some red ones for a coworker recently. Now I just need to figure out who the blue ones are for, because I haven’t a clue so far!
And here’s a photo of Jack on the window seat just because he’s cute.
The problem with having a lot of WIPs is that it takes longer to have a FO. I’ve been knitting, maybe not obsessively, all week, and didn’t finish a single project. I did cast on a new one. Counter-productive, I know. I made a hat and glove set as a donation for a silent auction fundraiser, and one of the fundraiser coordinators liked the gloves enough that she asked me to make a pair for her, so that’s mostly what I’ve been working on.
They’re Aran weight on size 8 needles so they’re going pretty quickly. We have a band competition an hour and a half away today, so with any luck, I’ll finish the second glove today!