So I went to my blog yesterday to check on my stats (everyone does that, right?) and I found a perfectly wonderful comment that made me grin! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by The Novelty Knitter. It’s a new blog to me, but I love what I’ve seen so far! She’s got creativity to spare, a vibrant energy, and an intriguing bit of quirkiness. I’m delighted to have another wonderful blog to follow. Thank you so much, Mika! (Honestly, I thought at first it was a joke or a scam. Sometimes you don’t really know whether people are actually reading what you write. So this is truly lovely.)
These are the rules of the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Include seven facts about yourself
- Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award (their About page is a good place!) (I was going to do a Top Ten, but then I found one more. So Top Eleven for me!)
- Follow the blogger who nominated you, if not already. (This isn’t a big deal for me. Obviously I love to get new followers, but I don’t want you to feel forced. I want you to follow me because you *want* to follow me.)
7 Facts about me:
- My life is a musical. I burst into song at random moments, often making up my own lyrics.
- My dream is to someday open a yarn store/furniture gallery with my husband.
- I took French for four years and can speak it and read it pretty well, but can’t understand it when it’s spoken.
- My car is named Edward, because he’s attractive, fast, strong and protects me.
- I was in choir in high school and love to sing, but can’t read music.
- I eat corn chips with my cottage cheese. I mix them together like a little crunchy salad.
- I’m a pen collector. I have probably thirty fancy pens, including two Mont Blancs. One my dad gave me, and one I bought myself.
- Guy Who Crochets
- The Sweaty Knitter
- Little Green Pixie
- The Twisted Yarn
- The Knitter Nerd
- Small Blue Dog Publishing
- Ripping Yarns (aka Wooly Wormhead)
Thanks to all of you for writing things and taking pictures that make me smile and think. I look forward to new posts from all of you! And even if you don’t participate, I hope I made you smile a bit and shared your blog with some new readers!