40 odd things about me . . . join in with a comment or a post on your blog.
1. Do you like mustard? Yes but only on my cheeseburgers.
2. Choice of carbonated beverage? Cherry Coke.
3. Ever traveled to another country? No, but I’d love to go to Ireland!
4. Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka? I like vodka but it gets me in trouble. Tequila / margaritas tend to work out better for me.
5. Hot dogs or Cheeseburgers? Cheeseburgers
6. Favorite Type Of food: pizza
7. Do you believe in ghosts? Ish?
8. What do you drink in the mornings? Tea with milk and sugar.
9. Can you do a 100 pushups? HAHAHAHAHA!!! no.
10. Summer, Winter, Spring, Or Fall? Spring
11. Favorite hobby? Knitting, obvs
12. Tattoos? One. Thinking about another.
13. Do you wear glasses? Yep, since I was 10.
14. Phobia? Heights. Deep water. Bit of claustrophobia.
15. Nickname? Bunny, Bonbon, Bmose
16. Three drinks you drink? Tea, Water, Wine
17. Biggest Downfall? I worry ALL THE TIME.
18. Rain or Snow? Ugh. I’d rather drive in rain but snow is prettier if I don’t have to go anywhere.
19. Piercings? Just ears.
20. Age? 43
21. Taken or Single? Married. Can we agree that taken is an antiquated term?
22. How long taken or single? married 22 years, together…26?
23. Kids? 2
24. Favorite color? If you have to ask, you don’t know me at all! (purple)
25. Employed? Yes
26. Can you whistle? Yes.
27. Where were you born? Kansas City, MO
28. Brothers or Sisters? 5 sisters, 1 brother
29. Ninjas or Pirates? Pirates, I guess, but only because of Johnny Depp.
30. Surgeries? Foot surgery, wisdom teeth removal.
31. Religious? No
32. Shower or Bath? Shower
33. Like gambling? No
34. Are You Loyal? Yes
35. Broken bones? Once (maybe twice, but one was a toe and those are hard to know for sure)
36. How many tv’s in your house? 3, but only one gets used
37. Worst pain ever? Dry socket after wisdom teeth removal, I think. I’ve mostly forgotten labor plus epidurals are great.
38. Do you like to dance? With my kids or when no one is watching.
39. Are your parents still alive? My mom is. Dad’s been gone almost 8 years now.
40. Do you like camping? Only on the couch with my knitting and my dogs.
I still haven’t taken good photos of my finished cowl (it’s been SO COLD the last two days…okay, I’ve just been lazy about it. Whatever.) so I thought I’d share a couple of WIP photos. Can you believe I only have four WIPs at the moment? Clearly there is something wrong with me. I got to the third color of my Color Me Happy cowl last night.
It’s hard to see, but there are a few rows of the solid purple up there. I think I’m going to love this once it’s done, but it’s an awful lot of stockinette right now. Maybe I need to go to a movie so I can knit on it in the dark.
And I made a swatch! It’s a little swatch but it’s a good start. This is for my Penny sweater with my birthday Malabrigo.
I’ve been waiting to start it because I’ve been trying to eat better and exercise lately, and I thought maybe I’d want a different size. But then I thought, Heck that, I want a pretty pink sweater and I can still wear it even if it’s a little big.
But here’s the best news of the day: I get to have a crafting weekend this weekend!!! One of my blogger friends is meeting a few friends at local hotel for the weekend, and she and I decided we needed to finally meet, so I got a room for myself and it’s going to be DELICIOUS. I won’t spend all weekend with them, because that might be too much, plus why wouldn’t I take advantage of a comfy quiet hotel room all to myself? But we’ll knit together and visit the best LYS and I’m super excited.
It’s also a little scary because I’m an introvert who hates meeting new people, but apparently I’m pushing myself lately. Last weekend I went to a birthday party where I only knew two people, and I had a blast. Maybe that was enough to nudge me toward the crafting weekend. Or maybe I was just drawn by the opportunity to have an extended period of time to myself. Either way, the room is booked and I just need to plan my projects. I’m pretty sure I need to a new cast-on! Sock or shawl??
Are you doing a lot of gift knitting this year? I’ve done some in the past but this year I’ve got a whopping ONE knit gift planned, and I’m just fine with that. I needed someone new to make socks for — the girl and I both have a ton, I’m not convinced the husband wears them, and the boy only likes boring solid dark colors — and I have a nephew who loves handknit socks. Perfect! The only downside is that he’s growing up and his feet are discouragingly large, but when you do a simple pattern, it goes pretty quickly.
Pattern is my favorite Vanilla Latte socks. The yarn is some self-striping Patons I picked up at Joann, and while it’s not the softest, it should make warm and durable socks. Now let’s just hope they fit!
I went to Joann yesterday for one thing, just one skein of green acrylic so I can knit a cactus. (Or crochet. I haven’t decided. Can you believe I didn’t have the right color in my stash? I can’t!) But of course I had a $10 coupon so I had to get something else, and I happened upon some lovely lavender Bernat Velvet. It is SOFT. Soft is comforting, and I like comforting right now. But I’ve also learned that when working with novelty yarns like chenille, it’s easier to hold another yarn with it, so I grabbed some Paton’s wool in almost the same color. And since I finished a project this morning (it’s blocking, pics will be another day) I decided I need to cast on something new and soft and snuggly.
I tried crochet first, but it didn’t give me the depth and texture I wanted, so I switched to knitting a 2×2 rib. Hopefully I can avoid the chenille “worms” I learned about when looking at Ravelry projects with this yarn! This is for me of course (it’s purple!) so even if I get a few worms, I figure I can deal with it. I just might have to call them something else! Have you had worms in your knitting before?